Sunday 18 March 2012

A card full of flowers and pearls

Hello!!!

Today I have a card different from those that I usually make; full of flowers, pearls... and not one single stamp used!




Lately I feel a bit "stuck", but when I received the amazing Howdy Doody paper pad from My Mind's Eye by Lena at Enjoy Scrapping in Greece, I just wanted to make this kind of card! And while making it, I kept thinking our dear friend Katerina who is always lifting our spirits with her amazing smile and her good mood... and she is also such a great hostess!

The sketch is from My Mind's Eye challenge #33. As you may have gathered, My Mind's Eye paper pads and kits are by far my favourite ones... but I had never participated in a challenge before. This time I thought "why not?". The sketch is the following:



As you can see on the card, there's quite a lot of pearls - I have even misted the flowers with pearlised water that I have prepared with Perfect Pearls - unfortunately this could not be captured in the photo.

I have made the flowers myself, from Howdy Doody papers and a flower die cut folder. At the beginning I had some troubles, as the papers would tear while I was trying to make them more dimensional. But then I thought of getting them a bit wet, and it worked wonders.

Also, there's quite a lot of distressing with my favourite Vintage Photo Distress Ink... and since I discovered my mini sewing machine, of course there's some stitching as well!

I hope you like it... the truth is that I really enjoyed making the card!

Hugs,
Anastasia

Supplies:


Pin It

2 comments:

peggy said...

love it...!!kalimera!!

Sophie said...

Πανέμορφη καρτούλα με χαρούμενα ανοιξιάτικα χρώματα!!!Φιλάκια!!!

Post a Comment