Sunday 26 June 2011

Ice Cream Party

And another card from me today...



The colour combo I used a couple of days ago (from The Play Date Cafe Hollycock, Sky Blue and Orange) inspired me so much, so I thought I would use it again. After all, it is summer! And I wanted to give it another try to Lily Pad Cards Lucy's Lovely Lines challenge...

For this card I used Distress Inks in three different ways: resist technique for the background, watercolouring technique for the ice creams and colouring with daubers for the sentiment and the "paper lace".

I also used Glossy Accents and Diamond Icicles to highlight some details.

So the card is for the following challenges:

Lily Pad Cards - Lucy's Lovely Lines with the following sketch:

Wee Memories Challenge #60 - Party time!


Hero Arts June 2011 challenge - I chose the watercolour techniques option.

I hope you like it!

Supplies:


Pin It

7 comments:

Aliki said...

what a yummy card!love it!

Αlex... said...

Perfect!!!
Beautiful colours and great techniques!I love stamping too!Good luck!:)

Nancy K said...

wonderful colors...I love how you used the sketch too! great card design! so happy you joined us in the Lily Pad pond.

Anonymous said...

Those are cute ice cream cones. What a great card!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is so sweet!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!

Laurel said...

This is just fabulous!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

Lin said...

Very cute! Love how you interpreted Lucy's sketch; thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Post a Comment