Monday 26 December 2011

Cherry Nest - Ho Ho Ho

Hello!

I hope you had a great time yesterday! We had a great family Christmas lunch, with amazing dishes prepared by two sisters (my mother and my aunt) and amazing deserts prepared by two other sisters (my two cousins). I ate so much that I skipped dinner - I was still full! You may have noticed I didn't mention me cooking anything... that's because my kitchen and I are not the best of friends ;o)

There is a habit of mine that I have to change. I give my presents the first of January rather than Christmas. There are two reasons for this: first, a practical one. I always get the week between Christmas and New Years Eve off work, so it is easier for me to do the final presents shopping then, when things are more relaxed. On the other hand, when I was a child the "Greek Santa Claus" called "Ai Vassilis" was visiting our house the first of January (which is the name day for Saint Vassilis). But the last few years I find myself in a position of receiving presents on Christmas and giving my presents the first of January, so I have to change my habit. Starting from next year ;o)

Which means that I still have time for some Christmas cards! I made the following one for Cherry Nest a few days ago:



The Cherry Nest papers I used are:


This time I didn't actually do any particular technique. The one thing that was a bit complicated was to glue the ribbon on the craft cardstock. At the end it seems that Glue Dots did the job, but I'm not sure how long they will last. Do you have any ideas what to use? What do you usually use to glue ribbon?

I hope you like it!

Supplies:


Pin It

1 comment:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Natasha, glad you had a great day I too ate loads but I was the master chef yesterday ( as always ) used to be my passion until I found card making. Love your latest Cherry Nest card, as always supper and classy perfect use of the paper and just love all those little squares. Enjoy your week off.

Marie

Post a Comment