Saturday 1 December 2012

Addicted to CAS #2 - Bauble

Happy new month!!!

(Yes, in Greece, just like we say "good morning" and "happy new year" we also say "happy new month" every first of the month!)

So... today is the first day of my favourite month of the year... Although my favourite season is summer (yes, despite the heat, I just love all the light!), my favourite month is December. For the happiness that Christmas brings to us, for the (perceived) new start that the new year brings... and because most of the Sagittarians celebrate their birthdays - just like myself ;o) No matter how old I get , I just looove my birthday! Crazy, right?

Anyway, that's not what I wanted to discuss today!

So today we have a new challenge over at Addicted to CAS! The start with the first challenge was amazing with more than 130 participations! I wanted to thank from here as well all the friends who participated and supported us with their amazing cards! If only everyone could win...

This time the challenge comes to us by our very own Marie and the word she has chosen is "Bauble":



 ...and here's the card that I made:


... with my favourite Lawn Fawn stamps and the Studio Calico wood veneers that I seem to use in all my creations lately!

And some additional photos:

I do love giving dimension to my cards. So most of the times I use 3d foam stickers to give this dimension. For this card, I stamped the tree three times (two for the small one), I cut them in different levels and glued them together with 3d foam stickers. It's a simple trick that I have used before and will use again because I just love it ;o) :



I stamped the sentiment with white embossing powder - my favourite on kraft cardstock. I doodled around the card with white gel pen to give a frame to my card. Finally, I added wood stars which I painted with white pearl acrylic paint (tip: when I paint something small, I put it on post-it paper so that it doesn't move).


So that's all for my card...

Why don't you visit us at Addicted to CAS to get inspiration from the amazing design team and play along with us! It's time for (more) christmas cards!!!

The sponsor for the challenge is, once again Joanna Munster from Inspired by Stamping...

Joanna is offering a $20 GIFT VOUCHER to the winner of this challenge -




I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia

Supplies:
Pin It

5 comments:

Kylie said...

I love your white on the kraft. Love your trees and their baubles! xx

Patrice said...

Happy new month! I too love all the Christmas lights and fun of the season.

Absolutely adore your little Christmas trees, and your gel pen doodling. What a fabulous card.

Unknown said...

Lovely card Natasha. The doodling around the edge really makes it.

Karen x

Sue said...

This is so pretty, Natasha. The little star over the i in Christmas is a lovely finishing touch. Sue x

Loll said...

Love the color and patterns of the trees ... and the layering looks amazing!! Love the doodled border too. Fabulous card!

Post a Comment