Saturday, 29 January 2011
Valentine card #2
This is the second Valentine card that I prepared, and with which I would like to participate to the following challenges:
- Lexi's Creations #32 - Valentines
- CYDA #12 - Love
- A Spoonfull of Sugar #136 - Valentine
- Crafts and Me #22 - Monochrome (I have used only green colour)
- Delightful Challenges - Have a Heart
- Charisma Cardz #4 - Valentines/Love
- Paper Sundaes #53 - Distressing (I have inked and roughed the edges of the papers)
- Mark's Finest Papers #40 - Valentine card
- One Stop Craft Challenge #116 - Anything goes
With this card for the first time I used a technique I wanted to try for a time now: I embossed my stamp image on white cardstock with white embossing powder, then I coloured the paper with Distress Ink. I really like the result, so I'm sure to use this technique again (and buy more distress inks I guess... oh boy!).
I also used for the first time Sizzix Textured Impressions to some dry embossing. The result was soooo impressive, I couldn't believe it myself! I am afraid it will be hard for me to go back to my Fiskars embossing plates now!
So, the materials I used are:
- White cardstock
- Whitewash collection by Core'dinations
- Pyrus by Basic Grey
- Tree stamp from Hero Arts
- Sentiment stamps... I don't remember which company! I *think* Papermania?
- Tinted embossing stamp pad
- Seafoam white embossing powder by Papermania
- Distress inks Peeled Paint and Frayed Burlap
- Burlap - Jim Holtz Alterations embossing folder
- Nellie Snellen oval die cut
- Ribbon from my stash
Hope you like it!