Tuesday 17 January 2012

Layout - The wonder of life


Hello!

Oh yes, the title is right... today I won't share with you a card, but a layout that I prepared these last few days. I was thinking that the inspiration for scrapbooking would come once I become and aunt and I was right. ok, maybe I'm not an aunt yet (will be in a few days!), but even my pregnant cousins of mine have given me inspiration to scrapbook ;o) Here's what I made:



I think I've found the style that I like (I don't even know how it is called!). With the other layouts that I prepared (three in total!) I wasn't very satisfied. I was trying to do things that I saw in other layouts and I liked, but they weren't really my style.

Lately I've started looking around again, and the inspiration started coming to me. This layout has many elements scraplifted by layouts from Elena, combined scraplift I would call it, so I won't submit it to any challenges.

I also thought that I didn't really have to ignore my favourite techniques I use for my cards. So I did some paper piecing with a few of my favourite Lawn Fawn stamps, and I repeated the technique learned from Jennifer McGuire, layering many papers of the same motif to make the stars dimensional (close-up photo below).




I did the same layout twice, to give to each of my cousins. So I did everything twice... the truth is that at the end I was ready to shout to myself "no more paper-piecing!". It's one thing to do paper piecing on one or two stamps for a card, and another to do 3 stamps twice each... ouf!

I hope you like it! I'm looking forward to your comments and feedback!

Hugs,
Anastasia Pin It

9 comments:

Elina said...

Ήμουν σίγουρη ότι θα τα πήγαινες περίφημα και στις συνθέσεις!!!! Είναι υπεροχη με πολλά πρωσοπικά στοιχεία παρόλο το scraplift...! Καλή συνέχεια!!! ΧΧΧΧ

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Natasha, not only do you make fabulous

cards but stunning layouts. This is so lovely and has your signature all over it. A beautifully stylish and perfectly crafted layout.

Marie

maya =^o^= said...

είναι υπέροχο!!πανέμορφο!!συγχαρητήρια!!!!οι γατούλες σου καλά είναι;;

ioanna said...

Νατάσα είναι υπέροχο!!!!
Μου αρέσουν πάρα πολύ οι πολλές λωρίδες χαρτιών που έχεις σε όλο το lo και το μπανεράκι με το συραπτικό!!! και το ότι έκοψες έτσι τις φωτο και....είναι όλο τέλειο!!!μπράβο!!!

Anonymous said...

foveri opos panta!
Stelios

Sofia (sofia_chry) said...

Είναι υπέροχο πραγματικά...Νομίζω ότι πρέπει να κάνεις πιο συχνά συνθέσεις...

Heather Jacob said...

wow o wow !!!!!! this is soooooooooooo gorgeous .. love it to bits ... well done xoxxo

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW! Your LO is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL - I wish I could scrapbook like this! And so super sweet to make extras for your cousins - they will LOVE it!
Also wanted to say; Thanks so much for your support yesterday - your kind words about me joining the Lily Pad cards team really made my day. THANKS!
Have a wonderful week-end, big hugs Karin

Art and Sand said...

I love the little banner of stars. I am going to try something like this. I am a teacher and hand make cards for all of my students. They keep their cards in their binders to show off all year.

Post a Comment