Wednesday 23 May 2012

My first art journal...

Hello!

Today I have something different to share with you... It's been some time now that I've been flirting with the idea of art journaling, but I have to admit I was intimidated.

Last Saturday we had a book binding seminar with Zeffy... I fell in love! Zeffy is simply amazing, our little gang was awesome and I was astonished by the final result - I never expected to make my own book.

The fact that the book we made was supposed to be an art journal seemed like a kind of omen to me. For the first time I seriously considered the idea of starting an art journal.

Just two days later I found out about a new blog, the Art Journal Cafe - obviously it is about art journaling. And they had their first challenge with a theme that I really liked - our mantra of the day. I'm copying their words here:

"that little well formulated sentence you keep repeating yourself to motivate yourself, to stay positive, to move forward, to grow!
What's your mantra of the day? What colors, textures, shapes, techniques does it inspire you?"

I chose my everyday mantra: "Everything happens for a reason". These last few years I have chosen to believe that really everything happens for a reason and that everything is an opportunity to learn something. About ourselves, about others, about anything. When we seize the opportunity and learn from what's happening to us, be it positive or negative, this is how we grow. And this thought gives me the strength and the courage to keep going when things don't look very bright.

And here's the page I made:


A quite simple page, but I really enjoyed making it... It took me three days, which means that I really, really enjoyed it indeed and took my time with it! For the first time I used modeling paste, I was super-happy to use lots and lots of misting, and - maybe most important of all - I got to use a number of stamps that I really liked but I had never used before!

The black and white frame was inspired by Rachel at Artful Evidence. A few months ago I was admiring her videos at youtube, but since I wasn't into art journaling, it's been a while since I last watched her videos. Well, that is going to change now, as I find her art really stunning and inspiring!

I chose the yellow-orange-red pallet since for me these colours are very happy colours that lift my spirits. I highlighted the page with black and white details to remind myself that life is not black and white, but has endless shades of colours.

And a close-up for some details:


Thank you!

Hugs,
Anastasia Pin It

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT!!! You have inspired me ... I will do this too ... in time, after Saturday when things totally calm down!!! :) :) :)

Lechatquitousse said...

Hello Anastasia....me and the Frappucinos from AJC are really proud that for you first art journal you used our first challenge. Thank a lot....and your page put a smile on may face, I like all this orange... :o)
Lechatquitousse

Unknown said...

wow Natassa..this is good...i am so glad you took the plunge..you are extremely talented..and i am sure we will still see lots more interesting things in that book of yours!!!

france papillon said...

your post gave me goosebumps!So much coincidence, so much recognizable events and all of that resulting in such an awesome page... wow!
I hope you enjoyed it to the point you'll come back to it :)
Thanks for giving us, the Art Journal Cafe, the honour of your first page and challenge!
have a happy day,
france, one of the Frappuccinos xx

Lulu Berlue said...

Wouawwww is this really your very first AJ page ? I can't believe it ! Love it !!! Really ! These are my favorite colours as well. And I totally agree with your mantra. Now that you've started art journaling, you'll become addicted. That is for sure !
And I will be back to see what's next on your blog, that is for sure as well ;-)
Thanks for playing along with us at AJC !
Lulu

froebelsternchen said...

wonderful! Great quote , great spread!

LittleSunday said...

Γεια σου Αναστασία! Όμορφα πράγματα φτιάχνεις, βλέπω! Σ' ευχαριστώ για το σχόλιό σου και να σου πω, επικοινώνησε μαζί μου, τυχερούλα!

lena-dailyscrap said...

How cute! Love the small flowers!

Channa said...

Gorgeous work!!!

EFI said...

Νατάσσα είναι υπέροχο, αλλά και οι υπόλοιπες σελίδες που έφτιαξες!!!! Πολύ χαίρομαι να θαυμάζω τις δημιουργίες σου, μπράβο σου!!!!!

Post a Comment