Saturday 3 November 2012

Art journal book for inspirational quotes


Good morning!

Looks like I'm blogging non-stop lately! ;o)

So last night I made the first page for my new art journal and realised that I haven't shared with you the book that I made a few weeks ago.

About a month ago I had a workshop with Myrto and she taught us the coptic stitch... I fell in love! The stitching itself was a bit challenging, my arm was hurting me a bit before the workshop so that didn't help and we also chose a bit more complicated design than the simple one we could have made (Myrto is just an angel, not only she is a great teacher but she is very patient as well!!!), but it really worth the while! So here are some photos of the book I made:


The covers are from PVC leather (I think?) and we distressed the papers with Myrto's Distrezz tool (mine is already traveling... should arrive at my door any day now, I ordered it as soon as I saw how it's working ;o)

What I liked most about coptic stitch is that a. the stitching is just gorgeous, b. it opens 180 degrees. Well, it can open all the way to 360 degrees depending on the covers, but what interests me are the 180 degrees, because it makes art journaling so much easier.

So I decided to use this book for journaling over inspirational quotes that I find online and I really like. Because I didn't want to change the front cover, I made an "internal" front cover on the first page and here it is:



For me the highlight of this page is the girl stamp from Stampotique... I've been wanting one of those stamps for ages now!

And a closer photo of the stamp:


That's all from me now... I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment