Tuesday 26 February 2013

Is this really a playpen?


Good morning!

Another layout today, again with my godchild, so his face is blurred. I wish I could show them to you, I'm really in love with him! ;)

The layout:




It is based on  Sketches in Thyme sketch #103 - it is for a double layout, but I made a single one:




The story is that I have a pouf with two pillows in the middle that can be taken out. So when the family gathered at my place for the Christmas lunch, his father took out the pillows and put Nikolas in the hole. My sweetie stayed there calm, looking at us with his pacifier in his mouth. Sooo cute! So of course his aunt/godmother (i.e. myself) kept snapping photos.

A few close up photos:

For the frames I actually used different colours of buttons. However, I didn't like the white background, so I coloured that area with Distress Inks:



Lately I keep using my washi tapes - I've always loved them, but now I'm finding ways to use them as well!, so I added a row of banners following the colours scheme of the buttons above:




I decided to highlight part of the title with some doodling:





Finally, in order not to cover the buttons that I really liked, I decided to write the journaling on a small tag and put it in an envelope behind the photos:




That's it for today... I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia






Pin It

11 comments:

Κατερινα said...

απιστευτη!!!!!!!!καταπληκτικη!φοβερη ιδεα με τα κουμπια!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine said...

Awesome and gorgeous again! I don't ever do layout, but everything you do is SO inspiring!!!

luciana sanches said...

Thank you for your participation in our sketch!
Beautiful page, love colors, love buttons!!!!!!
kisses!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is WAY FUN! LOVE the misting behind your button motif, and your little pennants are a fabulous foundation! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

Lolô Artesanato said...

Amazing page my Dear
tks for playing with us at SIT
xx
Leila
:)

Eli said...

wonderful!

Melfield said...

Oh wow Anastasia - this is awesome!!! I just LOVE your interpretation. The colours are awesome - actually my favourite....and the buttons and washi tape are just stunning! Thanks for joining in at Sketches in Thyme.
Maven Mel
melsmetime.weebly.com

Irene said...

WOWWW.....great interpretation!!!!Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

Sura said...

Woww... I love all the buttons! Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
Surama

tiffany said...

OUTSTANDING!! absolutely LOVE how you used buttons in place of pattern paper, such a great impact of texture! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Dani Cristina said...

Your page is really FABULOUS; love the buttons and the color gradient.
Very clever!!

Post a Comment