Saturday, 13 November 2010
Iris folded christmas card
I had been flirting with the idea of trying an iris folded card lately as I have found some stunning cards online, but somehow it wasn't getting at the top of my priorities (seemed a bit too complicated to tell the truth). And then, while in London two weeks ago, if found a book with many great cards and (most importantly) patterns. The book is 460 Iris Folded Cards to Make by Maruscha Gaasenbee & Tine Beauvese.
This is my first attempt to prepare an iris folded card and I have to admit it was easier than what I thought - as long as you have the pattern!
- Get Creative - Christmas cards
- Lexi's Creations - Anything goes
- Fairy Tale Challenge - Anything goes
- Cute Card Thursday 138 - Anything goes
- ABC Challenge Blog - H is for Holidays
- Craft Your Days Away 8 - Christmas trees
- 2 sisters #13 - Christmas
- Crazy 4 Challenges - Christmas
I thought I should keep the card simple, without any embellishments, so that the folded pattern could stand out. Didn't want to keep it too simple though, so I prepared an easel card, and since there wasn't too much space left for cropping the pattern, I used some stitching instead.
- Papers: Orange Canson cardstock, My Mind's Eye - Bloom & Grow and Wild Asparagus
- Sentiment stamp: Fairy Doodles from Buzzcraft, Memento ink pad - Rich Cocoa
- Star punch from Heyda