Thursday 5 April 2012

Get Creative with stickers

Good morning!

Back at Get Creative this month! I wanted to thank very much March guest designers, really really great projects ladies, you gave us amazing inspiration!

So today we have the first card challenge for April. And the challenge, as the title post suggests, is the following

Stickers-stickers-stickers! That means, you are challenged to make a card using your sticker stash! And keep in mind - no pattern paper please!

Such a great challenge, right? Funny thing is that I don't use stickers for my cards. Great, eh? And as I was thinking whether I should buy some stickers, I thought that I might not have stickers with images, but I do have plenty of alphabet stickers. Be creative, right? And I kept thinking of a quote from Kung Fu Panda I had read a few days before that I really, really liked and wanted to do something with it. So here's the card I made:




I have to confess something else: I "destroyed" a number of sticker for making the card. The problem was that the card was too plain, even for the clean and simple style that I love. And then I thought "duh! you can make your own background!" So I grabbed my Versamark and one of my favourite Hero Arts background stamps (supplies at the end of the post) and that was it - problem solved.

A bit of distressing around the edge with Vintage Photo and my favourite faux stitching with white gel pen, and here's the card. I hope you like it!

Don't forget to visit Get Creative for amazing inspiration by the creative team... and of course to participate to the challenge! This month's sponsor is generous Tina Suitella and here's a picture of the goodies she's offering:





Hugs,
Anastasia

Supplies:
Pin It

3 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is SO cool :)

Anonymous said...

What a pair we are i don't use stickers either , thanks Irini !!! Gorgeous card and love the sentiment and the great backround. Loved your post too !!

Marie

Employment Posters said...

So cute! I love the card and I know you deserve it.

Post a Comment