Thursday 21 July 2011

Let's Go Fishing!

Hellooo!!!

Here's my latest card:


The inspiration for this card have been a number of things:

- Colours: it is for the fourth - and last! :( -  week of Summer Card Camp:


I found the colours a bit difficult because, although they are lovely, they are not the ones I usually choose to work with... and that was an additional reason why I actually wanted to make a card with these colours!

- Background: a technique taught by Jennifer McGuire and is the result of using Sizzix embossing folders and ink... amazing!

- Acetate window: the idea came to me from another tutorial by Jennifer during the Summer Card Camp

- Frame around the window: well, you should have guessed by now... yet another tutorial by Jennifer!

- Positioning of letters: actually, this is from a tutorial by Kristina Werner this time!

- Τhe theme: inspired by both the colour combo and Lily Pad Cards' latest challenge: a patriotic theme but with a twist to not be restricted to our national colours and flag. It can be symbols, colours, song lyrics...

So, it is summer (35C+ in Athens right now), I am Greek, I am going on holidays to Corfu, a Greek island next week... and I have friends that just loooove fishing. As soon as I saw the challenge, a fishing theme stuck in my mind. The only thing is that I couldn't get myself to use a fishing hook with such cute fishes, so instead I used a heart ;o)

- The "scene": inspired by Lawnscaping Challenge #14: Stamp a scene



A couple of more photos:

This is how it looks like from the side:


I highlighted the heart with Glossy Accents:


I hope you like it!

Supplies:


Pin It

13 comments:

Aliki said...

I LOVE it!

Pierrette said...

Very cute !

Debra B said...

That embossing folder is the perfect background for the fish! Really love the fun window!

Julia said...

Super cute :))) Very inspiring :))

Pam W Merwin said...

I love it! The embossing folder you used for the background is perfect with the little fishies :-)

Lin said...

This is darling, Anastasia! LOVE your little fishing pole with the heart at the end of the line! You used the colors beautifully, too. Thanks so much for playing at Lily Pad Cards with us!

Nancy K said...

What an amazing card! You used so many fabulous techniques to make this truly clever card. Love it! Thanks for playing with us at the Lily Pad!

Laurel Beard said...

How cute is this!! I love the scene you have created here... Your colors are fabulous! LOVE the addition of the fishing pole! Just love this card and all the techniques you used. Would love to see a video of how you made this, hint hint! :) Thank you for joining us at Lawnscaping this week! :)

Marie said...

Oh, how cute! TFS =)

Anni said...

Fantastic card! It is so cute and I love all the details!

Pia said...

Oh how I adore this card! So creative! Love the colors, too!.
Thanks so much for playing at Lily Pad Cards with us!

Lynnette said...

This is so creative! Awesome

Vicky said...

Another great card Anastasia!

Post a Comment