Monday 18 March 2013

I am a woman...

...just in case you didn't know, hahaha

Well, this is the title of my latest layout:



The inspiration for the theme has been the new challenge of Born to Crop Not to Mop. This month they challenge us to make something with the theme "woman... The wife, the mother, the friend, the working woman... The woman in general! Choose one of your many roles that inspires you and create!"

So I've chosen to scrap about the main roles that define me: aunt, catmother, sister, daughter, friend..." [Updated to add: "Godmother, Crafter, Working girl"]

The layout is a scraplift of Anna Maria Wolniak's first layout for the Scrap it free online workshop at entreartistes.fr.

Last week I received my first order from Sodalicious and just couldn't wait to use one of the pattern papers (the grey one with the black dots) as well as they "x" stencil... love it!!!

And a couple of close-up photos:



Favourite wood veneers - hearts, butterfly, woman, feathers - which I coloured with Studio Calico mists, embellishments from my stash, kits etc.



And here's my first attempt to use watercolour on my layouts. I need more practice (what a great, great excuse!) and for sure I'm going to practice more. But I love the whole messy result, together with the free/childish doodling - who would have thought when I started scrapping? Finally, a stamp I wanted to use for some time now "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr Seuss".

So come over at Born to Crop Not to Mop... there are two new design team member as well since this month, both of which I am a huge fan, Roula and Vivika!!! Super!!!

Hope you like it!!!

Hugs,
Anastasia



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment