Monday 3 February 2014

Supreme Scrap Tournament 2014 - ATC Home

So, the Supreme Scrap Tournament 2014 has started!

For this first week, for the Card Tournament we have to make an ATC with a quote including home and we are not allowed to used either a home shape, stamp etc or spray inks. I managed to not used any inks at all!

So, here is the very first ATC card I have ever made. Let me tell you, trying to create something in such a small area was quite challenging!

...But I was quite lucky. Having just returned from a business trip - and about to leave for the next one tomorrow, as soon as I saw the quote I knew that would be what I would work on. And while I was searching my travel themed related stash, I found a Bazzill paper that had part of Greece map at almost the right dimensions! I also found an October Afternoon paper inspired by the airport announcements and found just the right part - a flight which I might very well have used to return back home :)

I printed the quote on vellum paper (yes, I spent quite some time to see the font size and where each phrase should be printed!). I glued the vellum on the map and added some stitching with my sewing machine. Distressed the map around the edge and matted with a coordinating cardstock.

Finally I added wood veneers that I coloured with ProMarkers. And here is the result:




I also added Glossy Accent on the small heart... Because, of course, home is where the heart is as well ;)


That's all from me... hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia



Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful concept, great execution ... totally in <3 with it!!!

Post a Comment