Wednesday 11 January 2012

Clean and Simple Cardmaking

Hello!!!

I am sooo happy that the Clean and Simple Cardmaking classes have started, for a number of reasons.




Firstly, because I have enjoyed SO much ALL the classes by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner, in each and every class I have learned tons of things, techniques and whatnot, and they provide great, great inspiration!

Secondly, because lately I'm into CAS cards and the timing of the class couldn't be better!

And thirdly, this time we have another super-talented, CAS expert teacher, Julie Ebersole.

What more would a girl want... ;o)

Unfortunately, these last few days I've been trying to get back to my routine, what with starting work after two weeks of vacations, so I didn't have much time to play along. Yesterday I managed to make a card though, that I wanted to share IT with you:




Apologies for the photo, it's really the best I can do with the weather being really awful these last couple of days in Athens...

So, for the background I used the resist technique with my very favourite red Distress Ink, Festive Berries and one of my favourite background stamps, Vine Background by Hero Arts and Basic Grey. The letters are from Maya Road's Olivia alphabet.

I will also submit this to three challenges:

CAS-ual Fridays #34 - Use chipboard:



Lily Pad Cards - Use chipboard

Young Crafts Unite 5 - CAS



LAST but not least, don't forget that you can also play with your CAS cards over at Get Creative challenge blog as well this month! There will be a number of challenges this month, one of which is to make a CAS card. The winners will take our places as creative designers for the month of March and there will also be a random winner for some goodies from Sfragidomania!

That's all folks... Hope you like the card.

Supplies:


Pin It

6 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

This is beautiful - love that background. How rich that distress ink is - will have to get that one!

Dotchie said...

Love that embossing folder and that ink! I have used them both so much over the holidays and now I can see I can use them for Valentine's Day too

Suzanne Russell said...

The vine background stamp in the vivid red is fabulous! Great job on the sketch and the CAS challenge. Beautiful card.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Outstanding! The bold color just makes me happy!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME design! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Marie said...

Great card, I love that red and white color scheme! Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge =)

Post a Comment