Tuesday 14 February 2012

Once Upon A Sketch & Get Creative Part 2

Hello from cold London!

Well, now that I'm writing this post I am in my sweet, warm home, but by the time this post will be published and you will be reading it, I will be in London, which I'm sure is going to be cold! ;o)

Soo... today I want to share with you the card that I made for the second February challenge from Once Upon A Sketch.

If you remember, for the month of February Get Creative and Once Upon A Sketch become sister blogs.... Which means that the creative teams of the two blogs exchange their positions in a matter of saying.

So for February 15, Nadia asks us the following:


Journalling criteria/theme: HOLIDAYS
Have you printed out all those photos from your last holiday or most favourite holiday? We would LOVE to see them and hear all about it. With the theme of holidays for this challenge, we would love to hear about:your favourite holiday of all time or a favourite place you would LOVE to holiday in . Or how about the last holiday you went to?  Maybe you have not traveled yet? Then tell us about your DREAM HOLIDAY. 


Remember that you are allowed to also create a card or altered project based on this sketch and instead of the journalling criteria you need to use a quote. 

You must combine our journalling criteria/theme with this sketch. 





From the start I knew I wanted to make a card for summer holidays, as I love them. As I was surfing the internet to find a quote, I found one which thought would be a good idea. First, because this is just the way I was feeling last summer, and second because it comes from Australia, just like Once Upon A Sketch ;o) So here's my card:


I had so much fun making a summer holiday in plain winter. I got to use my summer stamps and papers and do my favourite paper piecing technique. I followed the paper design to cut it and I put it together in a way to show with a dimension, with the waves and the summer holiday items coming out of it. I also used Black stickles on the flip-flops, which was a nice detail. Unfortunately, this time I don't have close-up photos to share with you, sorry about that!

I hope you like it!

Don't forget to visit both Get Creative and Once Upon A Sketch for amazing inspiration from the DT teams... and equally amazing prizes for the challenge winners.

Hugs,
Anastasia


Pin It

4 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Natasha, hope you are having a great time in my home town and keeping warm ! Love your take on the sketch a fun filled and stylish card, beautiful embellishments and just love the dimension you have achieved on it. Have fun and don't work too hard

Marie

Channa said...

I love your card!!!need i say more, have a good day, Channa

Sofia (sofia_chry) said...

Τέλεια...Τέλεια...Τέλεια....

Trudi Harrison said...

Hi Anastasia, I think that there may be a few of us who would like to take holidays up professionally. The stamping and paper piecing are fabulous.... Wonderful card, thanks for sharing

Post a Comment