Monday 7 January 2013

Scrap and Grab - January sketch challenge


Hello again!

Either I don't post for days, or I have a new post everyday!

So, today I wanted to share with you a layout... well, I will start with my cousin's reaction as soon as she saw the layout: "pink??? And glitter??? You? What's up, are you ok???" lol!!!

Oh yes, I think it's the first girly layout that I make! And here it is:



And of course my inspiration is the beautiful sketch that Chrysa asks us to use for the January sketch challenge over at Scrap and Grab:



As I tend to do so, I followed the sketch quite closely...

For some (strange) reason, I wanted to make a girly layout and I had a number of Dear Lizzy embellies that I like so much, but haven't had the opportunity to use before. You see, there are not many opportunities to use them on my nephews' layouts, right? ;o)

I was looking at the photos that I got printed and as soon as I saw this picture, I knew that was the one. It's been a while that I wanted to prepare a layout with this picture and when I saw the pink sweater my cousin is wearing I thought "that's it, a layout focusing on the mother for a change". In that photo, Andreas is just two months old and Emilia is sooo tired since she couldn't have a good sleep for the last... well, two months! They fell asleep as you see them in the photo on the couch and luckily, the father was there to take the photo.

And some close-ups:

With the pink colour I like very, very much silver, so I used the silver glitter alphas that I had. I played a bit with the title - nap and snap, both priceless!


The cluster of embellies, with purple details to bring in the layout the baby's white and purple shirt. The pin saying "Story of today" was added after I had finished the layout. I received the package from October Afternoon and as I was looking at the goodies, I saw the pin... well, I couldn't not use it, right?


For the journaling I used again my sewing machine to "draw" the lines, as I have done in another layout of mine... after all, I did say that I was going to use it again ;o) And when I saw the photo below, I realised that I had made a mistake (well, it's in Greek, no reason to explain this in English!)... oh well...


So that's all for today... I hope you like it!

We are waiting for your participation over at Scrap and Grab until January 31st... The lucky winner will get a gift from Chrysalida stores!

Hugs,
Anastasia Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment